Sunday, August 15, 2010

Andy and Nick

Alan, oh dear. Do you genuinely believe your recommendations will be listened to? Its a panacea, a placebo to assuage whatever your view of what this coalition is. Yet seeing as Blair moved everything over to the right, it has its own sad logic.

Ah, Nick. I recall with some clarity the excitement that you offered the electorate, that you were speaking truth to power as it were, even my good friend Sean seemed enthused about it. I was still voting for Tony Wright regardless, but you made me consider.

In hindsight, my tribal loyalty was wise, even in defeat I felt I voted for the right party, and now I get to watch you sing backing vocals to the Conservative government. That you are part of a government that characterises benefit claimants as scroungers, that is targeting the most vulnerable amongst us, that is steadfastly avoiding tackling tax avoidance and corporate financial malfeasance, destroying the social contract in the most fundamental way possible and all you got was a good place at the table and the vague promise of electoral reform galls me. You sold your party and your country out, I hope it was worth it.

Your words are cheap and pleading, with all of the integrity of a drunken lech trying to get laid. I am sure you meant well, but I cannot respect someone who genuinely cannot see the nature of their betrayal and come conference, I would hope that your members provide you with some perspective, but in my experience such dissent will be ruthlessly managed, it happens a lot, allegedly. However, I hope enough of it gets through, or that you remain ignorant and other more sympathetic parties get a healthy boost of members and activists.

No comments: