Saturday, September 12, 2009

observation

Today I got more done at work without a manager present, than I otherwise would. Which to me, is a pretty apt metaphor for how the world should be run, by us, for us. because my version of what Labour should be is not wholly in government. Someone traded the soul of the party in return for appeasing the middle and upper class bloc vote, and promised that the resulting trade off would not corrupt them too much. It is the lay workers and activists who should be running the country, I have the honour of knowing some of them and they give me reason to look at that membership card and NOT REGRET IT.

They lied about the war, our country is now a haven for tax exiles and billionaires, the continuation of Conservative spending plans and the appeasement of business has made things worse not better, and the good things(Tax Credits!) are themselves threatened by the cack handed bureaucracy that smothers them. The unions need more powers and TO BE LISTENED TO, because although the government chose business over people, it has forgotten one essential truth:

PEOPLE ARE ITS BUSINESS

No comments: