Thursday, April 23, 2009

www.surgelounge.co.uk

band website has been purchased, and el is working on content - with suggestions from all of us, I will probably be writing the blog for it, mainly because I do enjoy writing about the band and the music. We have a twitter feed for the group, and its an exciting time because a website is a definite step further than tgme, and to be honest, I am glad that tgme had a limited profile, not that I wasnt proud of some of the work, but we were unfocussed and in denial of the issues that should have been resolved, which ultimately destroyed it. TGME was a sullen democracy, SL is a cheery dictatorship in so much as El and I drive things, but even that is changing as the others all have valid ideas and bring into play textures that make the music better.

Textures, which El uses, is a good way to define what SL is about, in terms of the writing and concept, not so much notes as sounds and emotions - we're not huge theorists, but there is enough general knowledge of it to provide a framework so that it sounds good to the ear. I use chord progressions, scales and such for my bass playing, even if I stay on a single chord, or even a single note I consider the possibilites of where it can go.

I will continue to post here, need to go practice and wait for the skip to arrive so i can get the garden sorted.

No comments: